Tagbox
Saturday, February 24, 2007
:::Down memory lane:::

It feels super good to have cleared all my drawers the whole of this afternoon.
Firstly, I need to make space for my ever-expanding stuff which always seems to enter..but never exit. Thus, I made it a point to pack them today.

And I was in for a shock, because i realise that i have not really taken out everything, i mean EVERY SINGLE THING, in my drawers to see what i want to keep and what i want to throw! And these drawers store things of mine that dated all the way back to when i was in Primary 6!! I guess that's about the time when i just shifted into this flat of mine!!

So, I started with the 2 drawers at the study table. These stuff are rather small, mostly wallets,papers, ticket stubs, cds, bank slips and alot of other nitty-gritty. These 2 drawers are the ones which i use more frequently, but again, not THAT frequent too. I usually just dump my stuff into the drawers. Not much stuff that i've uncovered in there, alot of souvenirs that my friends got me when they went overseas for holidays. Rather recent stuff i must say. But i did threw away a few wallets which i THOUGHT i might use them again. But of course, keeping them and not taking care of them results in wear and tear. But i did found some money left behind in these wallets, amounted to about $7, mostly coins and sorts.
It was really a heap of mess, i must say. Because i always faced the problem of whether i should or should not throw most of the stuff away, especially the souvenirs. Frankly speaking, its more useful to get me stuff that i will use, like say clothes or earrings. Those handphone accessories, unless they're to my taste otherwise they're quite useless to me.

Next, i cleared the 2 drawers in the walk-in wardrobe leaving the heap of mess in the study room lying around. I thought it'll be easier to look at everything i owned before deciding what to do with them, like what stuff to go where and which drawers to store what items etc. These 2 drawers are the fun ones. Reason? Simple! Those 2 drawers mainly contain cards, gifts, letters, even dried up bouquets that i received since Primary 6?

In these 2 drawers, i found letters not only from friends of the past and present, some of which i'm still very much in contact with, but also letters from ex-boyfriends. =)
It's kindda interesting to open these letters and read them again. Coz it sort of jolts the memory and sort of refreshes it. Many of the letters, i knew existed but again, i didn't know there were THAT many. And they were hand-written!!Not like now, emails which are type-written. I must say, those were the days huh!

Some of the letters, i didn't even remembered it existed! Like letters from Jason, Val and even Serene la. Some were pleasant, some were not (esp. those from Serene!haha) I shall read it out to you one day, girl!!
Letters from ex-boyfriends were interesting too!!I could see the growth in all of us after these years--our thinkings, maturity and the way we felt then and now. Innocent yet funny.

There were lots of photographs too!!Class pictures since Sec 1 till JC2; Prom-nite pics in Sec 1 and Sec4. Boy, they look super hilarious!!How on earth did i end up with such hairstyles then?! When i'm free, and i mean, when i'm SUPER DUPER FREE, i might just scan them into my com and post it up if i really want everyone to have a good laugh at themselves, of coz me included!!I'm sure it'll bring back lots of fond memories too!
I also had letters from Mr. Ho, air-freight all the way to my mailbox!!That was when we were in Sec4 i think. I wonder how he is now..hmmm..

Anyway, there were alot of other stuff, i would say, treasures of mine, which are priceless. Oh, and those neo-prints, autograph books, love-getty cards!!!Ask me, and i'll dig it out to show you guys when we meet up!!

Right now, i've cleared my drawers only to realise i did have many other junk in them such that i have LOTS of space in my 4 drawers now!!!(oh, did i also mention that i used to have LOTS of watches in primary school?WHen i cleared my drawer today, all of them have turned mouldy and some even corroded!!!!)Yucks!!

But anyway, i'll be buying some pretty boxes to keep these memories and segregate them probably into different sections. Like secondary, JC, uni etc..
Now, i realise pretty mooncake boxes do come in handy because i found one Shangri-La's mooncake box, very exquisite, very pretty which i have used it to store pictures, letters, diaries and gifts from *you. And it has a priority space too!!

I guess, i'll reading all the handwritten letters when i just wanna chill out and reminsce. Every little thing played a role, be it minor or major, in shaping who I am now. And so, they'll be safely kept. I'll make sure my bf/husband won't make me throw away things from ex-bf. Right? I'm quite certain i won't make my bf/husband throw away things from their ex-gf too, i think..

But it felt really good, to look through some of the letters. Had a short walk down memory lane!!

Labels: friends, Life

If only you knew at 11:23 PM

Profile

Name :Heavens Arms
Birthday:November
School:School of Love & thoughts
Horoscope:Scorpio

Will I forsake my pride for love? Yes, I would so long as you're worthy of it. When I do, you would know that your worth weighs as much or even more than my pride. So handle my lost pride with tender loving care and show me that you are worthy of it. I can lose my pride once, twice or more. But with each subsequent loss, a little more is required to take that pride out of me again. It does not matter if a different person is involved, once I've lost my pride, a higher threshold is needed the next time round.

Links

Budak Pantai
Quintsical Productions
Sistic
Shop of Stuffs
Pretty Things
Sweet Dweamz
Action for Singapore Dogs
S.P.C.A

Credits
Designer : jetflame

Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
January 2008
March 2008
May 2008