
I juz came back from the movies...
Gotta destress!!!
Went to watch "Eight Below" with a fren at West Mall..
I expected the show to be abit teary for me lah..but i din expect to C R Y!!!!!!!!!!
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!
Frank Marshall’s (ALIVE, CONGO) EIGHT BELOW captures a rugged world of ice, snow, and threatening weather that few will ever experience in person. As a guide for a National Science Foundation Research Base in Antarctica, Jerry Shepard (Paul Walker) is perfectly content to spend his time exploring the wilderness with his sled dogs and goofing around with his best buddy, cartographer Charlie Cooper (Jason Biggs). Then UCLA geologist Davis McLaren (Bruce Greenwood) arrives at the camp with plans for a risky expedition: treacherous ice fields make his target destination accessible only by dog sled so late in the season. Soon Shepard, McLaren and the sled dogs--Maya, Max, Old Jack, Buck, Shorty, Dewey, Shadow, and Truman--are on their way in search of McLaren’s prize: a meteorite from Mercury. Unfortunately, an approaching storm forces Shepard and McLaren to return to base early. The return trip proves life-threatening, but the dogs pull through, saving both Shepard and McLaren from certain death. The storm also forces the scientists to leave the research center earlier than planned, and there’s no room on board bush pilot Katie’s (Moon Bloodgood) plane for the dogs. With the promise that someone will return for them immediately, Shepard leaves his beloved dogs behind. Soon, however, it becomes apparent that the weather has made a return trip impossible. Can the dogs survive in the Antarctic wilderness on their own, or will Shepard get back in time to save them?
One simple reason: I could identify myself with the main character..
Or rather..i noe i'll be stuck in that exact same situation if i were him..
Tis is really one touching show to watch..
The main lead Paul Walker was quite good-looking..but of coz..i can't be bothered..becoz the Huskies were much prettier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Maya!!!She's THE WOMAN!!!!(juz like Chinky!)
I can't describe how much i love the show!!
It really got me blown over!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maya is so clever as she leads the rest of the pack..She's so devoted to looking after the rest when Jerry (Paul Walker) was forced to leave them under the circumstances..
The dogs' undying spirit and their love towards human...really indescribable!
No doubt that dogs really love us more than we love them..They ARE indeed man's best friend!!
The dogs were really well-trained under stressful and dangerous situations..The way they save McLaren from the ice-cold water..how Maya led the rest of the pack back to the base..how they saved the lives of Jerry and McLaren..Simply mind-blowing...
And when i thot its an adventure well-ended..the guys were forced to leave their base..WITHOUT the dogs!!!!!!!!!Having to leave them behind was one ultimate decision that i noe i could definitely identify with Jerry..They were HIS kids..
At the end..he still had to leave..
And he din return for them until 170++ days later..it was really bitter..
I cried when he left the dogs behind...i cried when the dogs freed themselves from the leashes to hunt for food after going hungry for so many days..i cried when one of the dogs died while he slipped off the edge of the ice..i cried when the dogs had to leave him behind..i cried when one of the dogs was separated from the rest...i cried when the dogs reunited..i cried when i saw how they fended for each other..i cried when Jerry tried so hard to find his way back to the South despite the weather and the impossibility of finding transport back..i cried when he FINALLY returned for them only to find Old Jack buried under the snow..as he did not unleash himself to join the rest..i cried when the rest of the dogs returned and when Jerry realised that not all were dead..i cried when one of the dogs (Brawn) led him to the injured Maya (whom for awhile..we thot was dead)..I cried when they finally brought them back safely...
I'm so proud of Maya..she led them thru the survival days...hunting for food..giving orders..making full use of her training and skills..she managed to keep the pack together and alive as much as possible..keeping to the faith that Jerry WILL come back for them one day...and HE DID..finally...
Let me watch the show again....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I so adore Maya..and the rest of the dogs..
I so adore their undying faith..their fighting spirit...
Their undying trust in humans..
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Somehow..i still have so much emotions within me..but i can't seem to put them into words!!!!!!!!
Name :Heavens Arms
Will I forsake my pride for love?
Yes, I would so long as you're worthy of it.
When I do, you would know that your worth weighs as much or even more than my pride.
So handle my lost pride with tender loving care and show me that you are worthy of it.
I can lose my pride once, twice or more.
But with each subsequent loss, a little more is required to take that pride out of me again.
It does not matter if a different person is involved, once I've lost my pride, a higher threshold is needed the next time round.
Birthday:November
School:School of Love & thoughts
Horoscope:Scorpio
Budak Pantai
Quintsical Productions
Sistic
Shop of Stuffs
Pretty Things
Sweet Dweamz
Action for Singapore Dogs
S.P.C.A
Credits
Designer : jetflame
Archives
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
August 2007
January 2008
March 2008
May 2008